Step Six: Small Groups
A new semester of TC Groups has begun.
What are TC Groups?
TC Groups are small groups of around 10-12 people that meet throughout the week mostly in homes and some at other locations for about 90 minutes to build friendships, learn the Bible, and grow spiritually. TC Groups are a great way to get connected and get to know people and make new friends while growing in your relationship with God.
Who are TC Groups for?
Whether you’re brand-new to TC or you’ve been coming for years, a TC Group is a great next step for anyone who wants to grow in their relationship with God and others through relationships.
Why should I join a TC Group?
- Weekly Bible study will help you grow in your faith (Psalm 119:11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Prayer from others helps you get through the tough times (Philippians 4:6; 1 John 5:14-15).
- You’ll meet new friends in this busy city that will encourage you (Proverbs 27:17).
- You’ll have fun with other people going through the same things you are (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10).
What is a typical group meeting like?
Each TC Group is unique, but generally all groups have some social time with snacks and conversation up front, followed by a time of study and prayer. The meeting will last somewhere around 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours.
How often do Groups meet?
Groups usually meet once per week for a semester of usually 10 – 12 weeks.
How do I sign up for a TC Group?
You can sign up online by clicking “Find a Group” button. Once you find a group, click email the leader and request to join the group. You can also join a group by signing up on a Sunday morning via connection card.
What about childcare?
Each individual group is responsible for deciding how to handle childcare needs. Some options are:
- Have parents arrange for sitters on their own and attend the group without children
- Chip in together for a sitter who watches the kids in a different room while your group meets
- Group members take turns watching the kids each week
Can I host and/or facilitate a TC Group?
Yes! We are always looking for additional people to facilitate a small group and/or individuals to open up their homes to host a Small Group. No experience necessary. One of the exciting components of TC Groups are small group meetings in homes. All you need is a living room large enough for around 10 or 12 people and a TV & DVD player. If you would like to facilitate a group or host a group send us an email at email@example.com!