This semester we will all be on a journey together in a churchwide campaign exploring the book, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero. In this best-selling book Scazzero outlines his journey and the signs of emotionally unhealthy spirituality. Then he provides seven biblical, reality-tested ways to break through to the revolutionary life Christ meant for you. “The combination of emotional health and contemplative spirituality,” he says, “unleashes the Holy Spirit inside us so that we might experientially know the power of an authentic life in Christ.”
What is Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course
A PLAN FOR DISCIPLESHIP THAT DEEPLY CHANGES OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
The EH Spirituality Course:
- Directly addresses the reality that emotional maturity and spiritual maturity are inseparable. It is not possible to be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature.
- Equips people to develop a personal, first-hand relationship with Jesus by incorporating stillness, silence and Scripture as daily life rhythms.
The EH Spirituality Course moves people through 8 powerful life changing sessions:
- The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality
- Know Yourself That You May Know God
- Going Back in Order to Go Forward
- Journey Through the Wall
- Enlarge Your Soul Through Grief and Loss
- Discover the Rhythms of the Daily Office and Sabbath
- Grow Into an Emotionally Healthy Adult
- Go the Next Step to Develop a “Rule of Life”
Why the EH Spirituality Course?
- An estimated 85% of Christians are stuck in their relationship with Christ
- Only 1% of church leaders say that the church is doing well in discipling new and young Christians
- Only 20% of church-goers participate in any type of discipleship activity
- Only 1 in 4 Christians study the Bible to find God’s will for their lives
- Only people deeply changed by Jesus will have a powerful, long-term impact in the world
The course will be held on Tuesday Nights, beginning May 30th – August 1st from 6:45pm-8:45pm at Transformation Church. You can sign up for a men’s group, women’s group, couples group, young adult group, or student group (16-18).
Cost: $25 which includes 3 participant books. Books can be purchased at Transformation Church.